CLICK TO ACCESS THE : Connected Healthy Lives Webinar
BACKGROUND: The Humana Foundation works to ensure seniors, veterans and school-aged children live connected, healthy lives by removing unnecessary barriers to health and healthcare. The Humana Foundation offers funding through various grant cycles each year and encourages organizations aligned with the Humana Foundation’s commitments to apply for grants through the online granting portal.
THE NEWS: We understand the funding landscape is increasingly challenging and uncertain, making the work of nonprofits even more crucial. That's why we've implemented two grant cycles, aiming to make the process of applying more transparent, inclusive, and equitable. We're keeping our nonprofit communities at the forefront of our process.
- Early Access Cycle - The Humana Foundation will open its first grant cycle Feb. 13, 2024. This first and shorter cycle will allow grantee who are confident in their alignment with the Humana Foundation's strategy and who are well prepared to submit an application, to do so as soon as possible. The grant cycle will remain open through Feb. 23, 2024, at 3 p.m. EST
- Regular Cycle - The Humana Foundation will open an additional regular grant cycle Apr. 1, 2024. This regular cycle provides more time for applicants who may need additional support in aligning around our mission and opportunities, while completing all neccessary steps. This grant cycle will remain open through May 10, 2024, at 3 p.m. EST.
Two Cycles, Same Opportunities: Maximize your opportunities for impact as we offer:
- Flexibility: With two cycles, you have more chances to align your project proposals with our funding priorities. This flexibility allows you to adapt to evolving needs and seize emerging opportunities in real-time.
- Deeper Evaluation: By spreading out the application timeframe, we’ll dedicate more time and resources to thoroughly evaluate each proposal. This ensures we select the most impactful projects with the greatest potential to advance health equity for the communities we serve.
- Stronger Partnerships: We view ourselves as partners in your journey. The two-cycle system fosters ongoing communication and collaboration. We're readily available to offer guidance and support throughout the application process, helping you refine your proposals and maximize your opportunity for securing a Humana Foundation grant.
PLEASE NOTE: Organizations with projects committed to addressing mental health needs or advancing nutrition for the Humana Foundation’s target populations in the geographic regions of Florida, Louisiana, Louisville, KY or Texas can submit proposals for funding.
WHAT’S NEXT: Organizations can submit proposals through the Humana Foundation’s granting portal
- Early Access Cycle - Feb. 13 – 23. The early access cycle closes at 3 p.m. EST.
- Regular Cycle - Apr. 1 - May 10. The regular cycle closes at 3 p.m. EST.
The Humana Foundation will conduct a deep evaluation of the proposals and follow up with organizations accordingly on next steps. For additional information, visit humanafoundation.org or email the Humana Foundation at email@example.com. We're here to support you and create a future where health equity becomes a reality for all.