Grant Guidelines and Application
We consider proposals from nonprofit organizations where Humana has a meaningful presence.
All funding requests must be submitted online using our online application below.
Proposals are considered from and for:
- Nonprofit organizations classified 501(c)(3) – tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service
- Organizations located in eligible locations – see directory of eligible locations below
- One-year projects or annual support – multi-year grants for capital projects given on occasion
Grants are not provided for the following:
- Individuals or private foundations
- Seed money, or as the only funding source of an organization
- Solely to support an organization's salary expenses or other administrative costs
- Social, labor, political, or fraternal organizations
- Lobbying efforts, political action committees, or politically sensitive causes
- Religious organizations for general operating support, sanctuary construction, renovation, or mission-focused work. However, religious organizations with 501(c)(3) status are eligible for project-specific support (e.g. social services outreach) or funds for an accredited, church-affiliated educational institution
When to Apply
- Metro Louisville organizations: November 1 through January 15
- Other eligible locations: November 1 through June 15
How to Apply
We prefer that all applicants except those in the nine markets that offer Specialized Giving Programs submit their grant application forms electronically.
By clicking the button below, you can complete the application form online. After submitting the application, you'll promptly receive e-mail notification that your request has been received.
Comments or Questions
Contact us if you have comments, questions, or difficulty with the application process.